Monday, January 5, 2015

Jan 5-9

Welcome back!  I hope you all had a great holiday filled with family, fun and relaxation!  I know I did and getting up on time this morning was a little challenging but knowing the excitement that the kids bring made it easier.  I look forward to breaks but I truly do love the routine!

Curriculum:
  • Math - we will be quickly discussing the rules for multiplying 1 and 0 and dividing by 1
  • Language Arts
    • Writing:
      • We have a focus on the New Year - looking backwards and forwards. 
      • I hope you enjoyed your Christmas books!  The kids put an incredible amount of effort into them and I think they turned out beautifully.  If you would like to know your child's scores on the project, you are very welcome to make an appointment and come in to see them; or if you would rather I can send a copy home - just let me know! 
    • Spelling: Lesson 5 word study started this week.
  • Science: We are moving into learning about pulleys.
  • Social: We will be finishing up the Boreal Forest Region this week
  • P.E. - The snowshoes have arrived so please plan to have your child outside for P.E. classes on Mondays and Thursdays.

This Week's Schedule:
Monday:
  • New spelling words going home today
  • Library books dues

Tuesday:
  • Tone It Up Tuesday - Indy 500

Wednesday
  • New Spelling City assignments are up and due Jan. 21

Friday:
  • New round of Enrichment starts
  • Frolicking Friday - the weather is supposed to be better so please make sure the kids are dressed properly for an outdoor frolic

No comments: