Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week of Nov. 3 - Nov. 6

Welcome back to another short week!  I hope you all had a fantastic Halloween weekend and enjoyed the extra hour of sleep.  I know I did only I don't enjoy the early darkness afterschool.

Notes:
  • Hot lunch is due on Friday.
  • Thank you for supporting the fundraiser.  As I hear more information, I will pass it on.
  • A big thank you to our parent volunteer for Scientists in School!
  • Another big thank you to the parents who sent food for our Halloween party on Friday.  The Human Resource department did a fantastic job on the organizing of the morning!
  • Please remember with the nice weather coming (soon!), we have the two shoe rule in effect.  If you need help with having a pair of shoes at the school and one at home, please let me know. 
Curriculum:
LA: Spelling: New word sorts this week.   This round will last until Nov. 19 due to two short weeks in a row.
      Writing: We will be starting a new unit on Peace.  The students will create a Peace Poem.  I love this project!
      Math: We will be working on subtracting 3 and 4 digit numbers.
      Science: Wrapping up our Lights & Shadows unit.
      Social: Our newest suitcase adventure will take us to the Foothills region. 

This week at a Glance:
Monday
  • No school
Tuesday
  • Library books due (My students are awesome at remembering their library books!)
  • Suspense stories due (thank you to those who handed them in today!)
  • The students brought home their Rocky Mountains Region suitcase.  I hope you enjoyed them!
Friday
  • Hot lunch due
  • Enrichment Friday
  • Frolicking Friday - please dress for the weather!
  • Report cards go home

Just a quick reminder, next week there is only school for students on Monday and Tuesday  We are off on Wednesday for Remembrance Day.  Thursday Nov. 12 and Friday Nov. 13 are scheduled as Professional Learning days and booked in for Parent Teacher Interviews.  I look forward to meeting with you. 

No comments: